Monday, July 16, 2018

What can you do with 3000 rupees


This isn’t just a story, it’s a hope of a little boy. I would have never known the real value or what can be done with three thousand rupees if I haven’t met this cute little balloon seller.

I was on the road waiting for the signal to turn green on my bicycle when a balloon seller boy approached me.
Boy – brother do want a balloon, it will look good if you tie it on your bicycle.
Me – no, thanks.
Boy – ok
(he doesn’t go, he was looking my bicycle from the corner of his eyes. And after a while he approached me again.)
Boy – how much does this bicycle cost you.
Me – three thousand.
Boy – I also want to buy a bicycle like this.
Me – then why don’t you buy, ask your father to buy for you.
Boy – my father is no more, but I’m collecting money for it.
Me – so, how much have you collected till now.
Boy – 720 rupees.
Me – it’s very less, it will take you a long to collect 3000.
Boy – yes I know but I have to give money sometimes to my mother, when she can’t go to work.
Me – what does your mother do?
Boy – my mother wash dishes and clothes in neighbors house.
Me – oh, and why do you want a bicycle.
Boy – so that I can sell newspapers also with balloon, I tried once but the bundle of newspapers was very heavy. I will also help my mother to bring water and vegetables for house with it, she has to carry water bucket for 2 kilometers. I don’t want her to work in houses which are very far, she has joint pain.
(I was just looking at his his innocent and cute face, he was just 8 or 9. The signal turned green, I bought two balloons from him and said good luck and bye.)
Then I took u turn towards my home and thought why did I fight with my mother for just a new matching bicycle helmet, when I have one already at my home.
I reached home and returned the money back and said sorry to her. If you eat three times a day and you have a house to live then you are lucky. We should value what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment